Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Grocery saving tip # 2: Use your grocery receipt

Except checking for the accuracy and amount of savings, you can also use receipt to keep track of fresh produce.

At checkout, separate the grocery items into groups - ex. meat, non-perishable goods, dairy, and vegetable/fruit. It can be in any order of your choice as long as it is in groups. Use the markers to keep track of fresh produce as follows:
Red dot - use within 3 days
Yellow dot - 3 to 7 days
Green dot - after 7 days


You can use a magnet and display the receipt on the refrigerator. Cross out the item after each use. This way, there is no surprising discovery of rotted treasure in the kitchen.

For more GrocerySurf saving tips, click here. You can also join GrocerySurf to save time and money with our online grocery organizer and receive the coupon alert for realtime grocery savings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. I have been looking for grocery saving tips. I want to keep myself afloat financially. I had to sell my structured settlement payments in order to get out of debt, so now, I am trying to save money and get ahead. I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks!